Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Word of the day

One of the things that I like to do everyday is ask people, "Hey, whats the word of the day?" Most of the time I get some answer like "uh I don't know." Usually that is the answer if the person is uninformed about the world according to Gerald. Now when people dont know the answer to the question, I send them to this website http://education.yahoo.com/college/wotd/ Today was no exception of course. I ran into someone this afternoon who didn't know the word of the day. so here it is Enrich your vocabulary with Yahoo! Education's Word of the Day

plausible
DEFINITION:
(adjective) apparently believable
EXAMPLE:
The idea that a widespread conspiracy to kill President Kennedy has been kept secret for over thirty years hardly seems plausible.
SYNONYMS:
conceivable, credible, reasonable
DICTIONARY:
American Heritage® Dictionary
THESAURUS:
Roget's II Thesaurus

I personally find the whold idea plausible but hey thats just my opinion.

Remember people judge you by the words you use so build a strong vocabulary

No comments: