Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Didrick Medical Inc. is proud to introduce the X-Finger
The X-Finger® is the worlds first active-function artificial finger assembly designed specifically for partial finger amputees. The device allows users to regain complete control of the flexion and extension movements of an artificial finger in a self-contained device. It is designed to bend a silicone finger sheath in a realistic manner.


Wow... I think I want 8 of these, one for every finger I have. (I think I'll keep my thumbs) Think of what kind of things can be built off of this technology. Just imagine this type of finger with built in motors and/or powesupplieses, with memory locations for your keyboard, and an uplink to your brain. So instead of actually having to type all you have to do is think it. Much like the fingers of typists in Ghost In The Shell. Sounds better than buggy voice recognition software to me. Yes, Yes, I think I'll have 8 of those please. =D

No comments: